If you’re like most college students, you know the struggle of trying to fit all your stuff into a tiny dorm room. From textbooks to clothes, it can quickly become overwhelming and disorganized after moving in with the help of Black Tie Moving. But don’t worry – there are many ways to make sure everything is kept neat and tidy in even the smallest of spaces! In this blog post, we’ll provide some great organizational tips for small college dorms so that living in one will feel less like chaos and more like home. With these practical ideas for staying organized, tidying up your dorm room won’t be such a challenge after all!
1. Buy multi-level storage items – while it might be tempting to purchase every type of decorative storage item on the market, resist that urge and focus on items that provide multiple levels of storage. Bed risers, for example, are a great way to maximize your space by creating extra storage space underneath your bed. Other items such as a bookshelf with adjustable shelves, rolling carts or even hanging wall organizers can also help keep things organized and off the floor.
2. Make use of vertical space – most college dorms have limited horizontal space, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make use of the vertical space. Using wall shelves, hanging storage units and even floor-to-ceiling curtains can help keep things off the floor and utilize every inch of space in your room.
3. Choose organizers with multiple pockets – many organizational items now come with multiple pockets, making them a great way to keep smaller items organized and easily accessible. Shoes, socks and other small items can be kept in shoe organizers, while desk supplies and textbooks can be stored in pocket organizers.
4. Utilize over-the-door storage – if you’re looking for an easy way to keep your dorm room organized, over-the-door storage is the way to go. From hanging shoe organizers to pockets for books and even jewelry organizers, over-the-door storage can help you keep your small items neat and off the floor.
5. Use storage bins for loose items – many dorm rooms lack dressers, so storage bins are a great way to keep your clothes, bedding and other loose items organized. Look for bins with lids and labels to make it easier to find what you need.